Driving and the Law
An alarming number of drivers who are required to wear corrective eyewear for driving, are putting road safety aside and getting behind the wheel without wearing their glasses, research reveals.
Signs you may need an eye test
• You squint to read road signs or number plates that are 50 metres in the distance
• You see blurred or double images and see haloes around headlights, street lights and traffic lights
• You find it harder to see clearly at dusk or night-time
• You regularly suffer from headaches
• Your eyes are sore or tired at the end of the day
• You haven’t had your eyes examined by an optometrist in the past two years.