Hearing aid batteries
Batteries are standardised within the industry and will fit most hearing aids. So you don’t need to worry about having the same brand as your hearing aids, or that you didn’t get your hearing aids with us.
To find out more about how to change the batteries in your hearing aid style, check out our how to guides.
Colours, sizes and brand equivalents of hearing aid batteries
Choosing battery sizes can get confusing, as certain manufacturers will have different names for their products. But as each manufacturer is required to follow the colour-coded system, you’ll always know which is the right size for you, no matter what brand you choose. The four main sizes of hearing aid batteries are identifiable by the colour of their tabs – yellow, brown, orange and blue. So when you’re buying batteries for your hearing aid, all you need to look out for is your colour.
Tips for battery care
- Don't peel the sticker off your battery until you're ready to use it as the power starts to discharge when it is removed.
- Turn off your hearing aids when you’re not using them (e.g. while you’re sleeping)
- Leave the battery compartment door open overnight
- Make sure you store your batteries at room temperature
- Avoid keeping them in warm or humid places, like the bathroom
- The best place to keep your batteries is in their sealed package – not loose in your bag or pocket
How long do hearing aid batteries last?
The shelf life of hearing aid batteries will depend on the size of the battery, hearing aid type, and how you use your hearing aid. For example, how loud it is and how long you wear them for each day. Generally, the larger the battery, the longer its lifespan.