What to channel geek chic? Throw on a pair of aviator specs and people will be asking you about physics in no time. I’m a huge fan of this new Ellery pair, they’re super retro but have the benefit of being oversized, which makes them more modern. Pair these back with a crisp white shirt and wide leg trousers for the ultimate in nonchalant cool.
Aviators not your style? That’s ok, why not go for the super popular cat’s eye frame. Versatile, flirty and perfect for work. I love this style in a clear frame because its subtle but still stylish.
But Ksenija, what about sunglasses? I need some shades to protect me from the summer rays! I love these black (kind of aviator) sunnies with gold detailing. Designed by the godmother of Australian fashion, Carla Zampatti, these are timeless and uber chic. Perfect for day to day wear.C ZAMPATTI SUN RX 13
For a more Audrey Hepburn look, with a 2018 twist try these pale pink frames from Alex Perry. Serious face coverage and very glam, these sunglasses say. “I’m extremely fabulous, don’t mess with me”.
Whatever your style, rock your glasses like your Anna Wintour front row at fashion week. Don’t be shy and if you need an excuse to take a selfie then here’s a great one. Post a spec selfie with the hashtag #LoveGlasses and you could win $5,000 in travel vouchers, plus $1,000 spending money for your trip and a year’s supply of glasses. Think of the options!
Ksenija’s tips for the perfect selfie.
- Natural light is best, especially filtered through a window
- Make sure the light only comes from the front, backlight is not your friend (unless its sunset)
- Clean your glasses, finger prints on the lenses aren’t cute
- Take lots of photos. No one gets the shot in one take. Move around, try different angles and work it baby
- If in doubt, flash those pearly whites