I'm thinking of changing from specs to contact lenses, am I likely to have any problems?
It is difficult to know precisely whether or not you will have problems with changing from specs to contact lenses, however there are a few groups who experience difficulty wearing contact lenses, these include;
- Those whose eyes are affected by severe allergies
- Those who work in an environment with a lot of dust and chemicals
- Those with an overactive thyroidThose with uncontrolled diabetes
- Those with severe arthritis
- Those with overly dry eyes
Ask your optometrist for a contact lens examination to establish whether you are suitable for contact lenses and, if appropriate arrange a contact lens trial.